Multilingual

I have been challenged to find a quiet moment to record much of anything.  I tend to be unable to multi-task when it comes to writing.  I wish I could be one of those people that can sit and type and produce eloquent words without much of a thought.  I'm currently watching Amelia push two laundry baskets, one on each side of her down the hallway.  It thought for sure she would be walking independently by now, but I'm not complaining.  I don't care to rush her.  She delights in pulling all the laundry from the basket and making piles on the floor and then putting it all back in the basket again.  I'm eager to write about her 11 month birthday tomorrow. 

I feel like I have so much to record, but not the time to get it all out.  Naps have been sparse over the last several days.  I am four weeks into the weight loss challenge between Tim and Julia and Cash and myself.  So far, I'm down....1/2 pound!  SIGH...Why is it that time goes so quickly when you're trying to accomplish something?  I feel like I have many deadlines sneaking up on me and yet I don't seem to be doing so well getting motivated to meet any of them!  I'd like to have Easter dresses and shirts done by March 5th, Jesse tree ornaments are due for delivery on April 20, I'm supposed to lose 15 pounds by April 4, and by that date as well, my childrens' love tanks are supposed to be overflowing and there will be a notable sense of peace and happiness throughout our house!  Sometimes I feel I bite off a little more than I can chew. 

I have deduced a few things though regarding love languages:  Mathilda's is physical touch.  Note to self:  make sure her tank is always full, especially as she gets older!  This is not a love language that one would hope for their child to find elsewhere for a long while!  I think that Jonathan's may be words of affirmation and Joshua's is quality time/words of affirmation.  Jakob is multi-lingual I think.  Physical touch?  Well, after he continuously touched and poked and poked and touched his little brothers despite the ear-piercing squeals to stop, I litterally picked him up, pushed him up the stairs, tackled him to the floor and pinned him there as he did nothing but laugh!  He was thoroughly enjoying this and missing the point completely.  In an effort not to allow this lesson to end before I successfully made my point, I removed his dirty socks from his feet and rubbed them in his face...still, laughing.  Finally, Joe came to his rescue, worried that I was killing his brother.  He was still laughing when he got up, which led me to suspect that maybe his love language is physical touch too...just not the gentle affection that one would think of with this love language. 

I have far to go.  I've learned that I need to be very deliberate in my actions.  Who would have thought it would be so difficult to simply hug and kiss each child first thing in the morning, again before they leave for school, once they arrive home and again before they go to bed.  It is incredibly challenging, especially to do this INSTEAD of providing a lecture on how they shouldn't be fighting with each other or throwing garbage on the floor or lying around instead of getting dressed for school. 

Thirty five days left of lent...I really better get moving.