FOR TODAY 2/2/10

FOR TODAY


Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is shining, the snow is crusted with ice and the grass that is showing is brown.  The sky is clear and bright blue and it is 26 degrees.

I am thinking...that I should really clean up the ashes that still sit on the fireplace hearth because
Amelia likes to eat them.

I am thankful for...Julia, my cousin who is staying with us while she is going to Southeast Community College this semester.  She is picking up the kids from school today which means I don't have another trip to Lincoln.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is priceless!

From the learning rooms...even though school is taught at St. Teresa's and not in our home, there is alway a learning room here...Amelia is learning to stand independently.  She is close to walking, but for now is taking steps with the assistance of whatever she can hold onto.

From the kitchen...french toast casserole this morning, leftover burritos for lunch and for dinner tonight?  Hopefully Jakob will still want to make chili.  Which reminds me that I need to go soak the beans!

I am wearing...jeans, a white tee shirt under a brown zip up sweater and of course my Husker ball cap.

I am creating...another car seat cover for someone who just placed an Etsy order.  I finished a sling and nursing cover last night and today bought 8 yards of ivory linen fabric to make Easter dresses and shirts for each of the kids.  (We'll see if that is this Easter or next)

I am going...no where else today.  I took the kids to school and then we ran errands..."what's an errand mom?" asked Benjamin.  "A small job that needs to be done as soon as possible" was my reply.  Hmmm...good question.  I should look that up!

I am reading...a magazine...or studying the pages anyway.  I am getting ready to build shelves in my sewing room to create more "off the floor" space, inspired by a BHG organizing magazine

I am hoping...that God hears my prayers for Jakob and all of the other very special intentions that I pray for.

I am hearing...my dog Nick whimpering because he wants outside to chase to something, but I can't let him out because of recent complaints from the neighbors about him being a nuisance.

Around the house...laundry piles on the couch, Amelia's toys on the living room floor. 

One of my favorite things...the smell of the new Guatemalan coffee I bought today at the roaster in Lincoln.  Mmmm...it's such a comforting smell!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Tim will be going to San Antonio, TX tomorrow and then on Saturday we are getting together with friends to play cards.  We've always talked about how our parents did this when we were kids, so we're going to give it a try.  See if the kids will lay down at 10:00 like we did?

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Amelia is 10 months old...we are close to that point of returning to routine.  :)



This journal format comes from:   http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/