Eat you up

There is nothing better than what it feels like when a little one snuggles into your shoulder. When Joe gets tired, he's crabby, but if he's just tired and ready to go to bed, we pick up his blanket, walk into his room and he just snuggles right into my shoulder. It's just a feeling that I don't want to ever forget. When I'm holding him...and not just him, but all of the kids...well, not all of them, because I don't really think that Jakob was much of a cuddler. I know Ben was and I remember thinking how fun it was that Mattie laid her head on my shoulder, so maybe Joshua and Jonathan weren't either, but anyway...I do remember thinking THIS about ALL of them: I love you so much I could just eat you up. I know, it's a crazy thing to say, but I really just wanted to. I don't even want to put Joe down, I just want to hold him. He doesn't always snuggle, in fact, he doesn't often sit still. He is just in that phase of flirting, which is so much fun. He's learning how to be funny and make people laugh. I do remember wondering with each one about this age, "How could I possibly love another baby as much as I love these kids?" It is almost unreal how much I love them. As I hold Joe in my arms and just know how dependent he is on me right now, I truly love him (all of them) with my entire being, so much that I ache. I don't even know if that makes sense. I know it's amazing that this is the tip of the iceberg of how much Jesus loves me. Wow...