House Rules


I've had a "chalk board" that I've been wanting to get on the wall for a while, but because I am earning my degree in procrastination techniques, it has waited...until today.  I read a blog post of a good and wise friend and was inspired to hang my chalk board and display some simple house rules on it.  It is one of those peel and stick chalkboards like the words that you rub on the walls.  I'm not sure exactly how it will hold up, but for now it is in the kitchen...the command central of our home, and it contains these words:

"If you take it out, put it away.
If you open it, close it.
Love each other like Jesus loves you.
Treat each other with kindness.
Give thanks to God daily and ask
Him for help often. 
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.-Joshua 24:15"

I think that will help.  Not immediately, but maybe eventually. 
I could only find blue chalk, and will at some point need to find a different color and my artistic abilities to make it look prettier.  For now (probably for a good while), it is good, and a good reminder.