Baby News

I had my first official Dr.'s appointment today. I am 12 weeks and 2 days along. My weight has not fluctuated much. On the "official" scale, 160.8, so down a little, but time of day makes all the difference in the world! :) My waistline is expanding a bit, as stated by my children. The best part of the visit though: hearing that little heartbeat. 170 beats per minute. I can't help but wonder if you can hear two heartbeats when there are twins in there. Just curious. I think I would fall off my rocker if there were two! My energy level is on its way back, the progesterone shots have been reduced to once a week, and my food aversions have dwindled...Dr. Hayes thinks this baby will be a girl. We're still undecided regarding finding out, but we've got a couple of months or more to keep thinking about it. Each visit for the next several months will be once a month to basically monitor weight, growth, heartbeat, vitals and progesterone levels. I anticipate we'll be able to conclude the shots in the upcoming weeks. No movement yet can be felt, maybe in a few more weeks. According to normal development, this baby is about 2 1/2 inches long and weighs less than an ounce, and reflexes are developing.