Last Day

The last day of school is monumental...every single year.  Of course it is!  And why not?  Even though it barely seems we were just giddy about the first day of school and that the entire year seems like a blur, everyone is ready.  I love summer vacation.  I love that I get to have my kids home with me all summer long, even though I know we are going to have days of "I'm so bored" and "there's nothing to do".  Change of pace is always nice, no matter what!  My kids know that even though summer means a more relaxed schedule, that I will maintain my stance of "work hard, play hard".  It may take several days to transition though.  :)


I repeat myself every year in saying how very blessed we are to have the opportunity to send our children to a school that is amazing.  It's not that they sit in the most updated of classrooms with state-of-the-art amenities.  It isn't that they are offered cutting-edge classes to fine tune their French.


 It is so much more than that, and so much more simple.  It is that they are being taught by teachers who are passionate about teaching.  Teachers who love my children and are invested in them, even when they likely don't care to be.  Our children are enriched by what they are taught and very much by those who teach it to them. 

I really can't say enough good things about each of them.  I am simply full of gratitude that my children have such outstanding positive influences in their lives. 

The School Sisters of Christ the King provide leadership at our school in the role of principal as well as several teachers.  Each Sister that we know has been a treasure and a beautiful influence as well as positive testiment to the vocation God has called them to. 

Mathilda comments often that she wants to someday be a religious sister--or a mom. She has the heart to be either. I am just happy that she has the opportunity to consider such options at this young age. Each of our children are positively influenced by the religious faithful in their lives...from priests and nuns to laity.
ANYWAY...two of the Sisters have been reassigned to another school, which happens regularly. We are sad to see them go, as we would feel when any friend moves away, but our school feels so much like a family that while they will be missed, they most certainly won't be forgotten.


Next year, six kids will be heading out the door for their first day of Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th grade!  Until then though...we have much summer to enjoy!!