Back to normal

How our baby's growing:New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. External genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether it's a boy or a girl. Either way, baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting.

Well, our household returned to normal last night when we got back from North Platte where we met my mom to pick up Jakob and Joshua. After the hugs and "I missed you's" were done and we were back on the road toward Eagle it didn't take long for the normalcy to resume. Mattie wanted to use Joshua's blanket which he wasn't using, but that was out of the question! The crying of a tired sister, the over concern of a tired brother...he finally conceded and let her use it at which point she started sucking her thumb which really irritated Josh! At that point, she could no longer use the blanket, so she pretended to wipe her nose on it. That was the breaking point! Joshua had a complete melt down! This of course was shortly after Jakob's crying fit due to him not being allowed to control Josh's ventriliquism script!!! Oh my goodness!!

When these things were finally out of the way, we commenced with our trip. Throughout the day, Mattie had complained about a bug bite on her tummy really hurting her. It had been bothering her for days, but she wouldn't let me do more to it than put some tripple antibiotic and a bandaid on it, so we told her several times that she couldn't complain about it. When we got home, I told her I would look at it, and when I did, the bandage was full of blood and the bite was hot, red, swollen and hard! So, after being on the road for seven hours, we got back in the car and drove to urgent care in Lincoln. Once there, the doctor looked at it, and with the nurse holding her legs, and me holding her arms, he squeezed until the abcess drained. Mattie SCREAMED the whole time, as even to think about letting someone touch her tummy anywhere near it had hurt her before and now, I'm sure it was excrutiating! About an hour later, she finally calmed down. I'm sure the motrin and antibiotic helped some. The main concern at this point is that the infection goes away and doesn't turn into something resistant.

Sooo, we ate at 8:00, put the kids to bed at 10:00 and now in the morning, the clean up begins! Why a cleaning fairy can't just come while we're sleeping...

The older boys are still sleeping...not sure how, there is certainly a good amount of noise already in the house, and Mattie is running around in her underwear because she doesn't want pants to touch her tummy. Benjamin has already been out to check for eggs, eaten breakfast and is asking for a snack, and I'm sure Jon has made his way to the playstation before even thinking about helping with chores. Joe is crawling on top of me and my computer, mad because i just want to finish typing this before changing his diaper. He's just like the rest of us...not very patient. I need to restructure quickly, so this post must come to an end.