April 2017

April is always a crazy month with tax season drawing to a close.  We used to recognize the difference between March and April considerably, but in the last several years April 15 is less significant, but at that point we at least know that the end is near.  April 15 merely means there is some sort of party and about 4 more weeks of busy weekends and later nights.  I must say that all of these months are much easier than they were when the house was full of little people.  Now I have babysitters and drivers and activities that force us out of the house.  Tim is also very very good about being present on Sundays.  We try to have brunch together as often as possible on Sundays!


She is already 6 months old.  Oh how I always want to bottle up time so I can open the lid and be instantly transported back.  I guess pictures will have to do.
The beginning stages of some of my most favorite drawings...
She gets to go everywhere...checking on the rehab response to Jakob's shoulder surgery.  All is well!
Each year we  have a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt.  Three of our families collect donations of candy and money and fill hundreds of eggs.  It doesn't really take very long when you have an army!
Lent is such a beautiful season even though it is darkness before the light of Easter.
When Easter falls late enough that it is truly part of spring, both are even more beautiful.
New spin on decorating eggs this year.  I'm not sure it was any less messy, just different fun!
She loves this spot...right on Monsignors lap.  This is after the Easter vigil...a late night celebration with family and friends.
Easter baskets lined up for Easter morning.  I really love filling their baskets each year.

Mattie left Easter morning for California to spend a week with Aunt Lexi and Uncle Val.  I have such mixed emotions of excitement and anxiety and a bit of sadness just because it is hard to let go.
1st Easter!!
Recycled basket gifts...no one is any wiser!
More spring goodness.  I have such a hard time cutting flowers from my own yard, but I've learned to just do it so I can enjoy them even more.
Easter break outing because it seems all of us with bigger families recognize that our current littlest ones don't get to do this as often as the big kids did and the big kids still enjoy it anyway, so why wouldn't we?
Our St. Teresa's egg hunt now happens on Easter Saturday rather than Holy Saturday, a change that I love because we all get an extra reminder that Easter doesn't end on Easter Sunday.

Spring is full of baseball and track.  Sometimes it is warm, sometimes cold, and after all these kids, I still am never fully prepared for whatever it is.
Two of my favorite people.  :)
...I have lots of favorite people.