January 2017

I'm going to create 12 posts in a matter of moments, month by month to take care of a probably partial documentation of our 2017 in pictures from my phone.  It seems logical, except when I may have accidentally transferred some pictures to the wrong months.  I guess I'll just fake it and we will create new months to insert these memories...

 Its a new year which is always a good time to organize and purge and organize.  I have things that I hold on so tightly to because of the memories attached to them.  This sweatshirt is no exception.  I did not attend CMS, or go to a camp there, or have a friend who did.  My dad picked this up for me when I was in highschool when he was traveling for work.  Any time my parents traveled, which wasn't terribly often, they would always bring something back for us.  I remember being so touched that my dad was thinking of me while he was away.  Maybe it was because I was older and could recognize the thought.  I only ever wore it because it was from him (and I liked it), but I decided it was finally time to let it go.  It was stained and ratty, and didn't get worn as much as it did in my younger (smaller) years so it was really just being stored.  Now I have a picture to remember it though.

In line with purging, we also couldn't fit this beautiful crib into the girls' bedroom for Willa to use, and it didn't make much sense to store it either.  We put it on the curb and posted it on Craigslist for free and within minutes it was on its way to a new home.  This crib was a labor of love for Tim and his brother and was used for all of our kids except these last two.  I'm so happy it found another home.  It was terribly hard to put it on the curb.

 Usually one tries to cram in all remaining medical procedures into the final remaining days of the year, but instead Jakob had surgery just days into January.  He had his shoulder re-repaired.  Same shoulder, same injury, same surgery as last time...this time with a few more anchors.  He reinjured it in the final minutes of a football game.  Recovery was better this time around and hopefully it will remain intact during football in the fall.
 This precious little person grows and changes daily of course.  I'm pretty sure we were at a swim meet in this picture, which is what we did often in the winter.
 The loft is finished...ok, not quite, but in all likelihood it won't get finished ever unless we move, so it's good for now I guess.
 It has been a fun place for the girls to be and Mattie enjoys creating her own space with the rest of the room as well.

 This was NOT part of the new year plan...Jakob was still not driving, or living in the dorms quite yet, so I took him back and forth and on this icy day, I was late to pick him up after sliding into a truck parked at a stop sign 150 yards ahead of me.  SIGH...
 We hosted Tim's tax department for the third annual Christmas gathering at our home.  They're easy to please...three soups, cheese and meat and dessert!
 Every season is beautiful, but I always love when the bare trees hold the frost and ice, especially in the sun!
" Willa, oh Willa"...it's a phrase  I say aloud often!  :)
 Esther...2 months old already.
 We finally got our new garage doors.  Oh the difference they make in keeping the cold air out of the kitchen!  And they look pretty sharp too!
 This picture is a classic.  She came into the kitchen and announced to me that she took a shower...in the toy-wet.  YIKES!
 Winter formal freshman year.
 and junior year...


The picture above is Josh's date, the one below is his good friend.  In later years, when they go through all the pictures, they won't likely know who they took to the dance, because they take pictures with all of their guy friends, and girl friends and dates!
It was also a big baking month...I was in the mood almost daily to create something delicious, or something new or master something familiar.  I did all of the above, in addition to gaining about 10 pounds!  Desires of having a bakery someday keep me dreaming...someday!