Driving Miss Daisy--or Whomever!

Happy 16th Birthday Jon!  

 I've decided that you either elude photography or you delete all of my photos of you!  Why I have so few is seriously a mystery.

 If I had to bet, I would bet that the best part of your birthday is usually the cake.  You have great requests and usually some pretty awesome cakes.  This year, I'm sure that the driver's license probably trumped the cake.
 You went first thing in the morning to pick your hard copy up from the DMV.  Prior to this day, you cleaned and washed the car that you were planning to drive and in an unfortunate turn of events, Jakob totaled that car two days prior to your birthday.
 You handled it like a champ though even if you were boiling mad inside.  You're pretty good like that!  And you've been great about driving littler people around whenever asked as well!


 You are thoughtful and insightful...always good with the little kids, engaging them in all kinds of creative activities.
 You are competitive and you strive for excellence in all things.  You're not afraid, and when you know what you want, you take charge.
 It is amazing to see you change physically, but even more amazing to watch you mature right before my eyes!
  I think you would say it was a good year?  A Varsity letter in track as a freshman and in football as a sophomore.  Basketball that crossed over from freshman to sophomore season between birthdays, an appointment to NHS.  You're a leader!
It's been so much fun and now that you're 16, I'll probably be praying even more for your safety--of course in thanksgiving for another year of you and for God's continued guidance to lead you to wherever He calls you!  

Happy Happy birthday Jonathan!  We are so glad you were born!